Dosing and Administration
TRD flexible dosing at a glance1
• In Study 2 (long-term), 39% of patients received the 56-mg dose, and 61% received the 84-mg dose of SPRAVATO®
• SPRAVATO® does not require daily dosing and should be administered in conjunction with an oral AD
*Evidence of therapeutic benefit should be evaluated at the end of the induction phase to determine need for continued treatment.
†Dosing frequency should be individualized to the lowest frequency required to maintain remission/response.
‡As determined by the prescribing physician.
Treatment-resistant depression administration
SPRAVATO® should be self-administered by the patient under the supervision of a healthcare professional in a certified SPRAVATO® treatment center.1
Read the full Dosing & Administration Guide before training and supervising patients.
Please see “Dosing and Administration” and “Instructions for Use” in the full Prescribing Information.
Learn about the SPRAVATO® experience for adult patients with TRD
Post-administration observation and discharge
Healthcare providers are required to observe patients for at least 2 hours.
• Because of the possibility of delayed or prolonged sedation or dissociation in some cases, patients should be monitored by a healthcare provider for at least 2 hours following each treatment
Patients will require transportation from the treatment center.
• Caution patients that SPRAVATO® may impair their ability to drive, and not to engage in potentially hazardous activities requiring complete mental alertness and motor coordination, such as driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery, until the next day after a restful sleep
1. SPRAVATO® [Prescribing Information]. Titusville, NJ: Janssen Pharmaceutials, Inc. July 2020.